As a business owner, you may be at a point where you are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. This is not uncommon, and in fact, polls have shown that more than 75% of business owners feel they are taking on too many tasks each day in an attempt to save overhead costs and time. Now, think about your own situation. Do you end up cramming the tasks of 3-5 employees onto your own workload to ensure it all gets done? Are these smaller tasks taking you away from the core of your business, as well as the tasks you were originally planning to finish? It may have seemed like a great way to increase profits at the start, but now it has become a trap for you and could be turning your once beloved business into a frustrating mess. This is part of the Blue phase. You are being taken further and further away from the powerful flame your business once was.
Managing your Time and your Bottom Line
As you are spending so much time each day on mundane tasks, you could be starting to see a change in your bottom line and a drop in profits. When you attempt to do too much at once, it impacts every other area of your business whether you notice it right away or not. Time is a valuable asset, and if you are spending more than 40 hours a week hard at work but not accomplishing the tasks you originally set out to complete, some changes need to be made.
During a normal business day, roughly 20% of that time is spent on tasks which are considered “crucial”, while the remaining 80% is on tasks with little to no true value.
Compared to just 5 years ago, more than 72% of business owners and CEO’s reported working much longer days and on most weekends.
Did you know that 25% of business owners believe an hour of additional work is worth more than $500?
Independent studies and polls have found that most employees work the hardest between 9am and 12pm. After that their productivity drops significantly. A recent study even found that 54% of a business owner or employees time was spent fixing another person’s mistakes. Can you imagine how much stronger your business would be if that 54% of extra time was put into regular tasks instead of corrections? What about distractions? Multiple studies have found that employees and team leaders were interrupted on average every 8 minutes, with those interruptions lasting around 5 minutes. This is time and money that is being lost. As a business owner you need to stop, take a look around, realize that you are in the Blue or DIY phase, and set your sights towards gaining back the incredible amount of passion that you once had.
We believe you have heard of the term ROI (Return On Investment) but we here focus more on ROIT (Return Of Invested Time). Time is your most precious thing you have, and as the average business owner todays finds that they are doing between 3-9 employee rolls, I guess our question to you is “If you are doing their jobs, who is doing yours?”
You are the future of the business, and you need to interact with current and potential new clients. Did you ever wonder why selling for you is so easy? It is your passion and commitment; it is your instant knowledge. You can train your staff but you are the powerful force that will make people want to do business with you. So get out from under the things that keep you from growing your business, pass those things to your new team of over 300 niche experts.
We can help get your business back on track, back on fire, and ready to soar past your competition.